Massage is all about comfort and relaxation, so your surroundings should echo this. Turn down harsh lighting to create a tranquil atmosphere. Try to make sure we will have peace and quiet, without interruption.
By stimulating all the senses in this way you will magnify the beneficial therapeutic effects of massage on both the body and mind.
I advise to:
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes.
- Remove all bracelets, rings, make-up, contact lenses and glasses.
- Find a comfortable position and be aware of how your body feels.
- Allow at least an hour after eating or exercise before having the massage, and avoid stimulants like caffeine in tea, coffee, chocolate and fizzy drinks beforehand.
- Be sure to be free for at least one hour from any duty.